In the castle interiors, one can see the royal regalia of Casimir the Great, fragments of sacral buildings from the 10th and 11th centuries and the castle dungeons. A mandatory point during the tour is to climb one of the towers and admire the panorama of Przemyśl. From this interesting perspective, one can admire the Roman Catholic Cathedral and the meandering San River. In the vicinity of the Castle, one can walk among the foundations of historic buildings and reach the vast Castle Park.
The castle was built in 1340 by King Casimir the Great. In the 16th century it was rebuilt in the Renaissance style. Today, it is the seat of the ZAMEK Culture and Science Center in Przemyśl, which carries out cultural events and allows visits to the site.
Learn more about the attraction here.
Places worth seeing in Przemyśl and the surrounding area:
- National Museum of the Przemyśl Region
- Museum of Bells and Pipes in Przemyśl
- The Museum of the History of Przemyśl
- Civil Defense Control Shelter in Przemyśl
- The Archdiocese Museum
- The Roman-Catholic Archcathedral in Przemyśl
- The Greek-Catholic Archcathedral in Przemyśl
- PKP station in Przemyśl
- Przemyśl Underground
- Zniesienie Hill in Przemyśl
- Forts of Przemyśl
- Fortifications of the Molotov Line
- Palace and park complex in Krasiczyn
- Arboretum in Bolestraszyce
- Sanctuary in Kalwaria Pacławska
- The Fortress Cycling Trail
- East of Poland Cycling Trail GREEN VELO
Main photo: T. Beliński