An important feature of the landscape is the river Wisłoka with its numerous tributaries. It flows along picturesque ravines and bends, frequently changing its course after meeting with a major tributary.
Visitors to the park can admire here well preserved natural old fir stands as well as dominating beech forests, the rich primeval forest fauna, interesting flora, varied flysch rock formations of the Magura-type nappe. Those into cultural heritage can see here landmarks related to Łemko ethnic group.
There are also several hiking trails in the park.
In 2005 was open Educational Centre of the Magura National Park.
More about park here.
Places worth seeing in park and nearby:
- Greek Catholic tserkov in Kotań
- Former Greek Catholic tserkov in Świątkowa Mała
- Former Greek Catholic tserkov in Świątkowa Wielka
- Greek Catholic tserkov in Olchowiec
- ‘By the Watermill‘ waterfall in Iwla
- Museum of Łemko Culture in Zyndranowa
- Ski Museum in Cieklin
- Grzywacka Mountain
- Cemeteries from the time of the First World War
Main photo: Damian Nowak