As soon as they leave the train, travelers arriving in Przemyśl by train enter the building that resembles a palace, with semicircular windows and decorative columns. Inside, in the main hall, tickets can be purchased at beautifully decorated ticket booths. The walls are covered with paintings and the ceiling is decorated with a skylight. The floors, paneling, cornices and decorative lamps hanging from the ceilings also attract attention throughout the building.
The station building was built in the years 1859-1860 simultaneously with the Krakow-Lviv railway line. Its neo-baroque design and interior make it one of the most beautiful railway stations in the country. There is also a tourist information point here.
Find out more about the facility here.
Places worth seeing in Przemyśl and the surrounding area:
- National Museum of the Przemyśl Region
- Museum of Bells and Pipes in Przemyśl
- The Museum of the History of Przemyśl
- The Archdiocese Museum
- Casimir Castle in Przemyśl
- The Roman-Catholic Archcathedral in Przemyśl
- The Greek-Catholic Archcathedral in Przemyśl
- Building of the Train Station in Przemyśl
- Przemyśl Underground
- Zniesienie Hill in Przemyśl
- Civil Defense Control Shelter in Przemyśl
- Forts of Przemyśl
- Fortifications of the Molotov Line
- Palace and park complex in Krasiczyn
- Arboretum in Bolestraszyce
- Sanctuary in Kalwaria Pacławska
- The Fortress Cycling Trail
- East of Poland Cycling Trail GREEN VELO
Main photo: P. Michalski